,March 10, 2021
Image: Stephanie Hinton
It’s hard to believe that these crêpes are gluten-free and vegan! They’re the perfect little treat for a weekend breakfast — without the guilt. Plus, the quick coconut caramel will store in the fridge for at least a week. Win!
Makes: 8 crêpes
GF, V, VG
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup slivered almonds, to serve
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Quick Coconut Caramel
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the coconut caramel ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer over a medium heat until melted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Combine all the crêpe ingredients (with the exception of the almonds and coconut oil) in a high-powered blender. Set aside.
- Heat a crêpe pan or medium frying pan over a medium heat with enough coconut oil to lightly coat the pan.
- Pour in ¼ cup of the crêpe mixture. Cook for 2–3 mins, or until bubbles start to form.
- Carefully flip with a spatula and continue cooking for a further 2–3 mins, or until cooked through like a thin pancake.
- To serve, top the crêpes with the caramel sauce and the slivered almonds.
A delicious fudge filling with a fruity raspberry layer! With 7.5 grams of protein, it makes the perfect snack when…